The International Woolmark Prize (IWP) recognises outstanding rising fashion designers. Regional competitions are held around the world to choose finalists for the award, judged by high profile industry figures during the international autumn winter collection shows.
Each regional finalist receives AUD$50,000 cash sponsorship and the opportunity to compete in the IWP final. The winner receives AUD$100,000 sponsorship, with their winning Merino wool capsule collection stocked in more than a dozen of the world’s most prestigious fashion retailers.
How to enter
IWP entry is strictly by invitation only. Industry committees, councils and/or media from each region nominate eligible designers each year. Designers wishing to participate in the IWP must meet the criteria below before making an expression of interest to the nominating body in their region.
1.An enterprise of up to three designers (not incorporated).
2. Permanent resident of the nominating region.
3. Experience with fabric and textile innovation, particularly wool.
4. Directional, modern design with retail support.
5. Production of four to 12 consecutive wholesale collections or seasons; in business for a maximum six years.
6. Has received encouraging media support.
7. Consistently high level collections sold at fewer than 30 retail/online sales points.
8. Proven history of working with natural fibres.
9. Sales growth.
10. Must be available to attend regional awards in person July 2014.